Skip to main content

Dad's Easy Stuffing Meatballs

 I like stuffing at all the holiday settings.  I also like meatballs. Here's how to have both - anytime.

Assumption: You know how to cook meatballs from mom's or other recipes. You know it contains meat, bread crumbs, and other ingredients such as onions, spices, maybe an egg, etc.

Dad's shortcut:

A. You need a pound of ground meat like hamburger or pork. Put in mixing bowl.

B. Instead of breadcrumbs, add in a package of stuffing mix. 

C. Add about two cups of milk ( I use 1%.) and other ingredients. Hold the spices back as they will impact the stuffing flavor. Mix thoroughly.  I add chopped onions, an egg, garlic powder, and shredded carrots to lighten the final texture. 

D. Now form the mixture into meatballs and cook as usual. (I put the mixture into a mini-muffin pan and bake at 350F for about 30 minutes.)

E. Now do your spaghetti and pasta sauce. Add in your stuffing meatballs. Serve as usual. Kids love it.

Notes: (1) Instead of stuffing meatballs (or meat mini-muffins) you can also make stuffing hamburgers. Tastes great. (2) This really stretches a pound of burger. (3) Try it with pork sausage. Tasty. (4) Usually I don't go the full spaghetti route. I just snack. (5) Easy, easy.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human Simulation is Possible - by Humans

  Human Simulation: Agent-Based Modeling and the Computational Case for Our Reality   1.       Introduction In the essay, we introduce the notion that humanity could be a deliberate simulation based on an extremely simple single-celled organism, hardly anything more complex than that. This will allow an (apparently) new interpretation of the notion that humanity is simulated, but that there is no master engineer at a massive number of dials and switches, responsible for every twist and turn of our universe and lives. We begin with the notion that the universe exists and operates under its own laws. So, given the Earth [2] , when and where life first began, it was infused with a living agent, self-actualized, reproductive, and with other basic rules for its operations, interactions, and much of what single-celled organisms do today. The idea from this occurred some years back when writing code in ActionScript (formerly Flash), I was able to create...

No Sympathy From Me

Suicide Coming Home Many years ago, a friend hung himself in his basement.  I was a pall-bearer at his funeral. I was shocked I was so asked.  I did this.  I did not understand why a good-looking fellow, intelligent, kindly, and true could do such a thing. He did. I do not.  His family suffered greatly.  Yet he left no issue.   Thankfully. To my mind Country singer Mindy McCready, 37, showed us the very height of personal selfishness by committing suicide.  By giving birth to two offspring, she accepted the responsibility to raise her newborn and six-year old son.  She abrogated it spectacularly.  (As did the father a month ago.)  Though she may have suffered depression for any number of reasons, she has little sympathy from me for leaving behind a legacy that is now lost, is now parent-less, and may drift into problems of their own in the future.    There is shame and heartbreak in all this, but blame should be...

UNCERTAINTY IS CERTAIN

  Uncertainty is Certain G. Donald Allen 12/12/2024 1.       Introduction . This short essay is about uncertainty in people from both secular and nonsecular viewpoints. One point that will emerge is that randomly based uncertainty can be a driver for religious structure. Many groups facing uncertainty about their future are deeply religious or rely on faith as a source of comfort, resilience, and guidance. The intersection of uncertainty and religiosity often stems from the human need to find meaning, hope, and stability in the face of unpredictable or challenging circumstances. We first take up the connections of uncertainty to religion for the first real profession, farming, noting that hunting has many similar uncertainties. Below are groups that commonly lean on religious beliefs amidst uncertainty.   This short essay is a follow-up to a previous piece on certainty (https://used-ideas.blogspot.com/2024/12/certainty-is-also-emotion.html). U...